To reset and set up M-Password:
- Select Start > Programs > JCI > M-Password > Config. Leave User Name blank and use a Password of JCI, click OK
- Remove all entries in M-Password Config and save.
- Open Explorer, search for *.sec files, delete all of them, then reboot.
- Open M-Password Config and it should be titled Untitled. If not, remove all entries in M-Password Config and save, delete all *.sec files, reboot, re-open M-Password Config and it should be titled Untitled.
- Insert a New User.
- Select Edit > Application Actions and on the right will be Default and the User.
- Highlight Default user and move all actions to Default user, except for M3HCI, only move its Launch and Exit.
- Then highlight the User and only move all of M3HCI. Click OK on the Actions window.
- Save M-Password Config in the project's folder.
- Double-click or Right-click and Edit the User on the right. Remember the User Name, enter a Password and again in Verify Password.
- Select the Points tab, for Include enter an * and select Add.
- Select the Files tab, for Include enter *.* and select Add, then select OK.
- Save and Exit M-Password Config.
- For this first time, select Start > Programs > JCI > M-Password > Login and enter the User's Name and Password, then open M3.
- Select M3Options > System Setup > Login on Launch and Logout on Exit - Always, then OK.
- Close M3 and wait for the MWorkstation Communication to open and close.
- Reopen M3, it will ask you to login, M3 will open. Then close M3, it will logout of M-Password. If the above works, then you can proceed.
- Open M-Password Config, add other Users, add Groups and restrict Actions. Remove the Actions of the Default user to restrict all users.
- Save M-Password Config before exiting.
suppliers/johnson_controls/m3i.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/19 05:12 (external edit)